When can I put my bin out?
Warren Blackwood waste suggest you put your bin out the night before your collection day as your bin must be placed on the kerb at 6.00am on the day of your bin collection to ensure that it is collected.
Where should I place my bin for collection?
All bins for collection should be placed on the kerb. You must place your bin no further than 0.5 meters from the kerb, with the bin being placed so that the handles are closest to the house.
What do I do if my bin has not been collected?
If your bin has missed collection please contact Warren Blackwood waste on 9777 1025 to rectify the problem.
How do I know my collection date?
Please look at Warren Blackwood waste’s bin collection section of the website which shows you your bin collection day.
What do I do if my bin is stolen?
If your bin has been stolen, please report this immediately to your local Shire immediately to inform them of the theft.
What do I do if my bin is damaged?
If your bin has been damaged then please contact your local Shire to report the damaged and the bin’s serial number.
What can I recycle?
Recyclable items that CAN BE placed into your recycle bin:
- All cardboard boxes including cereal boxes, soap powder boxes and packaging boxes
- All plastic bottles including symbol codes 1,2,3 and 5
- Clean newspaper, glossy magazines and leaflets
- Glass bottles and jars (no broken glass or plates) – please remove lids from glass containers
- Steel tins and cans, including aerosol cans – please remove caps
- Milk and juice containers – please rinse
What can’t I recycle?
These items CANNOT be placed in your yellow top recycling bin:
- Food scraps and wrappings
- Garden refuse and clippings
- Clothing and toys
- Broken glass
- Needles and syringes
- Rubber and leather
- Mulch and leaves
- Timber or building materials
- Crockery and ceramics
- Oil, acid or chemicals
- Batteries or metal